Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Roasted Mushrooms and Farfalle Anyone?




Well, I have been working on this post for awhile now adapting this recipe from Restaurant Lulu's cookbook.  Restaurant Lulu has a Provencal menu/recipe but I just had to add my Italian twist.  I thought I made minimal changes and it would be ready to post but "oh no".  The problem was I don't usually make minimal changes to any recipe. 

Monday was recipe testing day and wouldn't you know I of course made more changes.  Hence having to update the blog again.  I have to admit that I did not take the pictures I would have liked.   I had it in my head that I hadn't really changed anything so I could use the pics I had.  "Yeah Right".  This is also the first full week back to school for my son Aiden and that grueling "dinner must be on time" regimen is back into play.   The regimen does not coexist well with recipe creativity.  

What I can tell you is the picture of the roasted mushrooms is a great representation of how the mushrooms will look even with my changes.  What you won't see is the roasted mushrooms topping the Farfalle pasta and the sliced heirloom tomatoes and asiago cheese topping the mushrooms.  Can you imagine that?  Does it sound good?  I can assure you that I will be able to add pictures of the final product in a week or two.  My boys( husband Steve and son Aiden) have  already asked "when are you making this again".  I'll keep you posted.




Morel






 

2 lbs mixed fresh specialty mushrooms

 

Portobello


Shitake

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 4 bay leaves

 

 

 


Half of a torpedo onion



3Tbls Mustard and Herbes de Provence Grilling Sauce

 


 

1/2 tsp chopped garlic

Salt and Pepper to taste

  1/2 cup fineley chopped fresh Basil

  2 Tbls Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil

 

1lb Farfalle pasta

grated Asiago to taste

 

Preheat oven to 450 degrees

 

Clean mushrooms, remove any hard stems, and keep small mushrooms whole; halve or quarter any that are large.

 

In a medium bowl, toss mushrooms, bay leaves, 3 Tbls olive oil, Mustard and Herbes de Provence grilling sauce, garlic, torpedo onion, and salt and pepper to taste.  Place mushrooms on a baking sheet and roast for 7 minutes.  Remove from oven and place mushrooms in a clean bowl.

 

While mushrooms are still hot, stir in basil and remaining olive oil.   Stir into farfalle and top with sliced tomatoes and cheese. "Mangiare" 

 

 

 

 

 























No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts