Thursday, September 20, 2012

Macaroni and Cheese Deep Fried?

How is it that it has been over two weeks since my last post?  Oh yes, I remember now; I am expanding both of my businesses and getting ready for the holiday season.  Maybe that's why.  Now, it's not like I haven't thought about it but by the time I get a chance to sit down to write my brain is totally fried.  Even though this post is about fried food I promise my brain is not fried at this moment so it is safe to keep reading.

I wish I could post a new recipe for you but there has been no time to be creative in the kitchen.  I started talking about this Bon Appetite article back in May but took a break during the summer.  Who wants to fry food in the heat?  Well, now that Autumn/Fall arrives on Saturday I thought I might get the conversation going again about crazy fried foods.

It just so happens that this recipe originated last January at the end of football season so what a great time to talk about it now that football season is in full swing(or kick or throw would be more appropriate).  The link for the original recipes is  http://doughmesstic.com/2012/01/31/deep-fried-macaroni-and-cheese-bites/  but I will also give you the recipe below with my own suggestions.

Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Prepare macaroni and cheese as directed and add chopped garlic. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper, and pour macaroni into it, pressing down evenly. Cover and place in freezer for 2 hours or more, until needed.
  2. Combine egg and milk in shallow dipping bowl. In a separate plate or large shallow bowl, combine  crumbs and salt.
  3. Bring oil to 350-375.
  4. Remove frozen macaroni from parchment and cut into small squares or triangles. Dip each into egg wash, then coat with crumbs. Fry 5-6 in hot oil until both sides are golden brown. Remove from oil onto paper towels. Repeat until all macaroni has been used. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts